Tarot: 16 hidden (forbidden?) additional paths

Jun 02, 1995 04:27 AM
by Sy Ginsburg

Hi Jerry,

Replying to your question of 1 June, Nick Tereshchenko has
departed from here, but his earlier reply (30 May), was as
follows:

> In the Tree of Life there are 22 traditional paths but also 16
> hidden (?forbidden) ones, making 38 in all.  The exoteric Hebrew
> alphabet has 22 letters, but this is an "intentional blind".  On
> further study you find 5 additional "final" letters and that 7
> letters (2 of them with final forms) are "double", that is have
> TWO quite distinct different sounds.  Also VAV is used to
> represent 3 sounds.  Added together these make 38.  See my
> article (in English) in THE HERMETIC JOURNAL and in French in my
> book "FRAGMENTS DE GNOSE".  It will appear in "THE COSMOS TAROT"
> when published in English.  Also see article by Gary ROSS in
> TAROT NETWORK NEWS and my contribution to Newcastle's "NEW
> THOUGHTS ON TAROT."
>
> "If you wish to write to me directly (I am not on INTERNET) my
> address is Nicolas Tereshchenko, 87 rue Vercingetorix, 75014
> Paris, FRANCE.

The question that I have for Nick, for you and/or others, which
seems more relevant for me than exactly how many additional paths
one can find on the Tree of Life, is whether in fact other people
have "seen" any additional major arcana and in particular card
23, "The Drowned Sleeping Titan" which Nick claims has been
"seen" by him and others.  He has drawn the card and you can find
a picture of it along with his commentary in the Newcastle "NEW
THOUGHTS ON TAROT".  If the major arcana are part of the
archetypes in the (collective unconscious), consciousness of
humanity and additional ones are revealed as humanity evolves, I
would think that Tarot students who meditate would begin to "see"
them.  So, I remain interested to know if the image of the next
Tarot card, "The Drowned Sleeping Titan" is becoming part of the
consciousness of humanity, if there is some consensus about it,
and if so, what attributes are given to it.  If it really is,
then this is something of a "revolution" in Tarot lore and would
upend the huge body of literature based on the 22 major arcana.
It would be "breakthrough" material.

Sy G.