Re to Jerry: Tereshchenko's Tarot

Jun 01, 1995 06:10 AM
by Sy Ginsburg

Nick Tereshchenko has departed after visiting me in Fort
Lauderdale and will be back at his home in Paris in 2 weeks.  I
cannot answer the questions you ask, but will forward your
message to him.

If you want to correspond with him directly (he does not have an
INTERNET address), his address in Paris is: Nicolas Tereshchenko
87 rue Vercingetorix 75014 Paris FRANCE Telephone:
33+1+45.39.73.93

His Tarot book translated into English is "The Cosmos Tarot"
(Publisher: Murray Wilson, 1280 M., Mt.  Hermon Road, Scotts
Valley, CA 95066), but I do not know if it has come out yet.  The
book(s) I have, (in 2 separate volumes in French) are "Les
Tresors du Tarot: Acces aux Mysteres du Cosmos" and "Fragments de
Gnose: Bases de L'Esoterisme" (Publisher: Guy Tredaniel, 65 rue
Claude-Bernard, 75004 Paris, France), and I would think they
should be added to Arthur's list.

Not being really knowledgeable about Tarot, I cannot deal with
your question, but I am fascinated by the idea of additional
major arcana, which is why I wondered if anyone had "seen" them,
as archetypes or however.

According to Nick, "The Drowned Sleeping Titan" (card #23) has
been "seen" by others and information about it appears in his
article in "New Thoughts on Tarot" (Publisher: Newcastle
Publishing Co., North Hollywood, CA), and he also suggests and
describes "The Titan Awake" (card #24), "Mahakala" (card #25) and
"Ineffable Heropas" (card #26).  This last: "Heropas" is a word
taken from Gurdjieff's arcane "Beelzebub's Tales" where it is
called "the merciless heropass".  It is something about which I
do know a little and it has to do with "time".

Can any of you Tarot students comment on these suggested
additional major arcana and Nick's idea that there will
eventually be 38 known major arcana in accordance with how he
counts the letters of thu Hebrew alphabet?

Sy G.