Re: Egyptian nostalgia & Astrea's magazine

May 30, 1995 05:51 AM
by Aki Korhonen

Hello all.

Sorry, my reply is bit late...

On Wed, 17 May 1995, Ann E. Bermingham wrote:

> When I was three years old the movie called "The Egyptian" was
> released.  It was taken from a book about Egypt at the time of
> Ikhnaton.  I saw clips of it on television and immediately began
> to obsessively draw pictures from the film.  When I was attending
> the University of Illinois at Circle there was a walkway over the
> campus that had tall pillars.  That always reminded me of walking
> into an Egyptian temple.

I have to make a note.  There is a famous Finnish novelist, Mika
Waltari, who wrote a book with same name, "Sinuhe, The Egyptian".
I wonder was your movie based on this same book.  Regarding
"Sinuhe" people wondered how Waltari managed to write so
authentic novel, without too much historical study.  I think
there is something to do with Waltari's past lives.  I have
heard, that Mika Waltari went so deep in his book, that he lived
in Egypt in his mind - he met at daytimes those people he wrote
about etc.

Peace. aki.

akikorho@paju.oulu.fi
Finland, Oulu.