Re: Researching Mother Goddesses

May 21, 1995 06:06 PM
by Murray Stentiford, Scientific Software and Systems Ltd

Responding to Nancy Coker's request:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for good books, movies,
> magazines or whatever dealing with the Mother Goddesses. I'm
> interested in exploring as many dimensions as possible --
> religious, archetypal, psychological, mythological, magical,
> historical etc.

Nancy, here are a few references in the clairvoyant research
arena.  Sorry, I can't give publisher details as I'm away from
home where my library is.

"The Miracle of Birth" Geoffrey Hodson Published approx.  1930.
Mentions the World Mother being or principle and describes the
work of her deva representatives during development of the
foetus.

"The Kingdom of the Gods" Geoffrey Hodson Publ.  approx.  1950.
Has a chapter or section on the World Mother and says, if I
remember rightly, that she is involved in many of Nature's growth
processes.

A Glimpse of Our Lady Phoebe Payne Bendit A pamphlet published by
the Theosophical Order of Service, possibly around 1950.
Describes the presence of the World Mother via a deva
representative during a specific birth, and briefly mentions the
way some doctors are linked to her in their work.

Clairvoyant Investigations Geoffrey Hodson Publ.  approx.  1980
Mentions the invocation of deva representatives of the World
Mother by singing of specific musical pieces, during clairvoyant
research on the inner effects of music.  I was there for this
work - could tell you more.

The Hodson books are fairly standard theosophical works, but if
you would like further details on them or can't locate the
pamphlet, please e-mail me and I'll be happy to send you the
details or a copy of the pamphlet.

Murray Stentiford
murray@sss.co.nz