Theosophy Lodge On-Line

May 09, 1995 03:57 PM
by uscap9m9

I just came across information on a new theosophical BSS.
Following are notes on what I've just read about it.  I haven't
spoken to the people involved yet, but it should be interesting.
I don't know if they know of us or not, but it would be
worthwhile for us to join forces.

-- Eldon Tucker

Theosophy Lodge On-Line

A new theosophical BBS on the internet came online yesterday.
THEOSOPHY.COM was inaugurated by John Powers, Josh & Kathy
Carpenter, of Ellicott City, MD.

Called "Theosophy Lodge On-Line", it will attempt to provide
access to Internet users to a wide range of theosophical
literature which has been organized into "electronic Pamphlets"
under a variety of topics, as well as to provide a meeting place
where discussions on Theosophy may take place.

They have drawn passages from articles in HERMES, the PATH, THE
SECRET DOCTRINE, THE KEY TO THEOSOPHY, the COLLECTED WORKS OF
HPB, JUDGE, many of the Concord Grove Press publications, and
other works in establishing their on-line library.

The service is free to users, though they hope they can generate
some financial support through its use.

Their main objective for the past six months has been to solve
the technical problems, secure the required hardware and
software, and actually get the system up and running with as much
literature as they could scan and correct.

They will have a "discussion room" on the BSS, and numerout
electronic publications.  Access is via telnet to
"theosophy.org".

A direct-dial line is 301-942-4312. They can be reached via email
at JK1CARP@AOL.COM.