Mahatma letters???

Apr 29, 1995 07:58 AM
by Keith Price

What happened to the discussion of the Mahatma Letters? After
that last post I realized that my thing is trying to apply what I
know about theosophy to my life and current events etc., yet many
are more interested in historical reflection, more "core concept"
perspectives.

I have begun to be familiar with internet now, WWW etc, and can
see how the glut of information and options leads one (me) to a
kind of shallow consumerism approach sometimes.  There are so
many groups and options, that it is impossible to be everywhere
deeply, richly, holistically.  In fact, after being gone myself
for awhile, I wonder why postings have dropped recently.

In short, the internet style on the bulletin boards often
approaches graffiti more that scholarship.

I think this may be good in some ways, bad in others.  I feel
more like I am at dinner conversation, a la MY DINNER WITH ANDRE
or something, than standing before a boss, a teacher, a class
etc.  But maybe newcomers are disappointed by not LEARNING
theosophy here (I'm not sure they could).  Also I am not really
clear about the differenc between the usenet and what we are on
vnet (?), I assume that people have to subscribe and unsubscirbe.
I tried to join from a menu on usenet and WWW and couldn't.  Are
we too hard to find for a net surfer?

I was told BTW that headquaters after showing brief hope, has
been very unimpressed by theos-l and it goes unread or they are
just too busy with other things for the numerous posts etc.  So
be it, who wants the teachers at the lunch room table anyway, or
may be they should try being just one of the kids sometimes? :+)

Namaste

Keith Price