Re: Conspiracies

Apr 26, 1995 09:46 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Keith Price:

> I have many thoughts that are confused at this time, but I think
> it is very important to make clear that many fundamentalist
> Christians really believe that theosophy is a deliberate
> conspiracy at creating a NEW WORLD ORDER (their term) with one
> government and one "occult" (demonic for them) religion.
>
> I mentioned this before and people ignored it, but I felt I
> should bring it up again because one of the commentators about
> the Oklahoma incident said that he monitored new age and
> theosophical groups on internet.  We may laugh at them, but they
> are out there and they are really dangerous nuts.

Ann:

Back in the early eighties, I read some fundamentalist material
that was highly derogatory and untruthful about The Society and
David Spangler, a man closely connected with Findhorn.  I don't
remember exactly what it said, but it pretty close to demonic
accusations.  I became concerned that some zealous follower would
take up arms and plug somebody, thinking he was doing good.

My husband urged me to inform people connected with these groups
and these were my experiences.

A woman connected to the Findhorn in America listened to me, then
asked, "What are YOU so frightened about?" The issue was being
thrown back in my lap, suggesting that my reaction of fear and
anxiety was amiss.

My call to the Society was greeted with this: "That stuff happens
all the time.  We've had Christian fundamentalists come to
Olcott, expecting to find evidence of Satan worship.  We let them
walk around and when they don't find anything, they just leave."

It was like an invisible wall had gone up around these groups.  I
don't know if this technique will always protect them from
physical attacks or verbal slurs, but it certainly is effective
in the sense that the aggressor has nothing to push against.  No
negativity for someone to react to.  Divert the energy and keep
it going in another direction, preferably out the back door.