Re: Alan Bain - Ezekiel

Apr 22, 1995 06:11 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Dear Liesel,

Thanks for the book info.

I was suggesting re the Holiest of Holies that the users of the
Temple at the time may have _had_ one in there, but viewed it in
a different (and now unknown) manner from later orthodoxy.

Yes, "Jew" relates directly to "Judah" and "Judah" to "Judea." In
the Greek text of the New T. the "Jews" are called "Judeans" in
the Greek.  "Jew" is the anglicized word.  In German it is Jude,
pronounced (as I expect you know!) "Juda" - has a familar ring!

Do you know any Yiddish?  YIddish theosophy ... hmmm

Alan