Alan Bain - Ezekiel

Apr 21, 1995 03:30 PM
by LieselFD

Hi, Alan,

I just reread your post of yesterday, & looked up Ezekiel 8:14 in
my St.  James Bible.

What you say re the Temple of Solomon having originally been
built to the Goddess, & Goddess worship being thought of as an
every day occurrence by the people who were weeping for Tammuz,
would fit in with what my women's history book says.  It took
many hundreds of years to do away with the Goddess entirely, and
it happened by degree.  First she was the Goddess, then she was a
consort, then she was a handmaiden, & etc.  till finally, in the
middle ages she became a witch, and had to hide.

I'm not too familiar with the Bible, and the passage in Ezekiel
really ashonis hed me.  They sound like our modern day American
religious right ...like a bunch of fanatics.  Well, maybe I can
see that they became incensed that these people were turning
their backs to the Holiest of Holies.  That just isn't done.  And
I suppose it's asking too much of these supposedly more primitive
people to be tolerant of sun worshipers.  But then you go all
over town & kill everybody including women & children?
Disgusting.

Liesel