Re: Re Astrea

Apr 20, 1995 01:09 AM
by Astrea

Jerry Schueler <76400.1474@compuserve.com> writes:

> temperaments.  I was simply repeating what I had read by the
> so-called experts.

Yes, we all have to watch that! (And try to avoid it!)

 For example in CW Vol XIV p 434, HPB says
> that Hatha-Yoga practitioners cannot "gain real Abhijnas (the
> supernatural abnormal five powers)."

She was quite anti-Hatha Yoga, but probably because it wasn't
being taught in a suitable form in those days, or it was hard to
find a good teacher.  Her own physical condition was so appalling
towards the end of her life, I have no doubt she would have
benefited from some wisely undertaken asana.

> others.  Nevertheless, many authors acknowledge that
> Kundalini Yoga is the steepest path (albeit the most
> dangeous) while Karma Yoga is the slowest (albeit the most
> safe).  I didn't make this up.

That I _can_ agree with.  But...would you rather fall off a
bicycle or have an accident in a jet fighter?- if you catch my
drift.  I think I'd rather fall off a bicycle, even if it is
slower! Actually, I had a dream once where my subconscious rather
amusingly painted my spiritual path as a trip in a sight-seeing
bus- quite comfy really.  It beats walking, but it's a lot slower
than a jet! :-)

  If you really want, I will
> hit my library and try to find quotes for you.

No! No! Not references to "authority." ;-)

ASTREA