Lucid Dreams or Just Dreams

Apr 19, 1995 10:05 PM
by Keith Price

I have been studying my dreams since I was an adolescent.  I have
developed a technique that I have seen spoken of elsewhere as
"lucid dreaming".  You become so used to noticing your dreams,
you begin to know your dreaming while you are dreaming.  Of
course this isn't everynight, but I have become adept (one needs
to become careful here I know) at checking out the dream world.
I have found that if you try to examine something closely in the
dream world, it does strange things.  My dream world is
incredibly detailed.  As detailed as the real world, but if you
try to look at something close, like read a book.  THe image
jumps around and I either wake up or am distracted by its "crazy"
quality and forget my self-consciousness and fall back into a
deeper less reflective state.

This may not have a lot to do with theosophy exactly, except I
had an especially vivid and aware or lucid dream.  I decided to
ask someone a question in a dream while I had the chance.  There
was an ordinary looking lady in contemporary business dress.  She
seemed to be a special "healing dream entity" of some kind.  I
asked her what her purpose was and wanted to ask: which is
primary, the dream world or the real world? Being in the dream
world, I thought she would favor the dream world in some way.

She replied: "we usually don't talk about such things, but your
answer is: intercourse"

I knew that she meant this in the meaning of conversation and
communication between the dream world and real world and not sex,
yet it had the connotation of establishing"intamcy" anyway.
Interscourse also means to pass between as if we pass over to
their side and they pass over to our side.

I also felt her answer was valid in some way.  I tried to think
of her as a dream archetype, a Freudian mother figure, a
surrealistic Daliesque fantasy figure, a healing angel - these
all seemed to fit a little.  Yet I rememebered how the medieval
world considered dream figures to be a type of possesion by
incubbi and succubi - demons that came for physical intercourese
one supposes, though how a dream entity could have physical sex
is a stretch.

Theosophy teaches us to beware of the astral world.  HPB said
something to the effect that never a rose was plucked from the
astral plan that the finger was no pricked by a thorn.  Some
believe we travel to the astral plane between the earth and moon
in our dreams.  What does the Kabala say on this, Alan? or the
Encochian system, Jerry?

The feeling I got was a confirmation that dream entities are
"messagers" between the worlds - like the original angels where
messengers and provide a glue between the spiritual and material
realms.

Whether this is just dream babble or not, I know not.  You had to
be there to get the feeling of import to her off- handed remark.

I noticed the topic of lucid dreaming mentioned earlier.  Has
anyone else received a "communitcation"?

Namasate

Keith Price