Re: Re Liesel & Goddess

Apr 18, 1995 05:31 PM
by LieselFD

Jerry,

Female circumcision, is a very barbaric custom practiced in some
African countries.  The name "circumcision" is used for both
sexes, but the intent is entirely different.  How can you compare
the 2? Male circumcision is supposed to make the man holy, female
circumcision is meant to cripple the female.

The civilisations you name, like Egypt, were all pre- bibilical.
Starting with Bible times, the Goddess got it more & more in the
neck.  The Celtic priestesses fought long & hard in order not to
be subjugated by the Romans, but the Romans won.  They're coming
back into their own nowadays.

If we're lucky & do this thing with some sense, we won't have the
arc swing towards Goddesses for the next 1000 years.  That's just
as skewed as having all male gods.  Let the male gods do their
thing, & let the female goddesses do their thing, the 2 being
completmentary, rather than antagonistic, & maybe you'll get
closer to peace on earth in the next 1000 years.

Liesel