Re: Re Astrea

Apr 16, 1995 00:06 AM
by Astrea

LieselFD@aol.com writes:

> To Jerry & Astrea,
>
> My beliefs & practices are eclectic as well.  I adapt whatever
> sounds right to me.
>
> Harry taught me to meditate to Beethoven's symphonies.  Kind of a
> guided meditation, except that you can read different things into
> the music at different times.  I wrote up once how it's done, if
> anyone is interested.
>
> Liesel

I do a kind of meditation whilst listening beautiful music too,
although almost exclusively at concerts.  It's not the same
listening on a stereo for some reason, no matter how good.  I
think the collective emotions of the audience and orchestra
amplify the experience.

Also, I practiced grokking on some ancient Indian Buddhist art
today at an exhibition, letting the image and feeling of the
sculture impress itself on the mind...

ASTREA