Re: Re to Eldon & Point Loma Philosophy

Apr 13, 1995 02:29 AM
by Paul Gillingwater

Jerry Schueler <76400.1474@compuserve.com> writes:

> < That there are core concepts
> I suppose that we can all agree on reincarnation and karma,
> but what are a few more of these?

Here are mine:

1.  Cycles -- the cyclic nature pervades
2.  Hierarchy -- As above, So Below, also known as the
                 Law of Correspondences
3.  Unity -- the fundamental underlying unity of all Life
4.  Polarity -- basic duality that overlays the unity
5.  Evolution -- proceeding from one state to another
6.  Order -- that the universe is fundamentally orderly;
    that there is a Divine Plan
7.  Number -- number underlies all, 1, 2, 3, 7 etc.

> true in most cases)?  Do you agree with Jung who suggests
> that Eastern and Western approaches are not compatible?  Do

Jung's own investigation of the Secret of the Golden Flower tends
to suggest that there are common elements which exist in both
traditions.

Paul Gillingwater