Re: lucid dreams

Apr 09, 1995 05:41 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

ASTREA:
> Am doing a course in "lucid dreaming" at the moment, as promoted
> by Stephen La Berge.  Heard of him? Anyway, he draws quite
> extensively on the meditative practices of the Tibetan Buddhist
> traditions, which aim at continuity of consciousness 24 hours a
> day, to comprehend the nature of dreaming, and to understand the
> dream-like aspect of our waking world.

Ann: Last fall I had the flu and found myself sleeping all the
time.  All that sleep was conducive to lucid dreaming.  It was an
eye-opening experience, because the dreams were as vivid and real
as earth plane consciousness.

In one particular dream, I found myself crossing the street.
Waiting for me on the other side was a man dressed up as a fuzzy
Easter bunny and waving "hello".

-ann