Re: Grokking

Apr 07, 1995 02:04 PM
by Arthur Paul Patterson

> Maybe the cat had a way of calling you for help? Whose cat was it
> anyway? Was it yours? Are you very attached to that cat?

Liesel,

I never thought of it from the cats point of view.  This cat is
called Couscous, we were vegetarian when we got it.  Couscous had
physical problems and Bev wanted to put it down.  Out of
compassion.  I was uncertain about doing that.  I guess I was
thinking that I wouldn't want to be put down for a minor reason.
So hours from the appointment, death row from Couscous' point of
view, I cancelled the appointment and said I just couldn't do it.
Couscous has since recovered and is a rover in the neighbourhood
only getting ill occassionally.  It has a particular bond to me -
it seems wierd does it know I saved its ass on that day?