Re: The Value of Theosophy

Apr 05, 1995 03:08 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Eldon writes: >Purucker, for instance, mentions that whenever
>the Lodge sends out a Messenger, to work publicly for the
>betterment of humanity, there's a dark counterpart sent out
>by the other side. A while back, a lengthy discussion of the
>nature of the "Dark Brotherhood" appeared on `theos-l'. I'm
>not sure that I want to reopen that thread of discussion,
>but I would like to make a comment that there is both a
>light side and a dark side to life, and that the dark side
>has its place in the metaphysical scheme of things too.

Ann responds:
Thank you for also answering my query on the "opposition", as
well as Dr.  Bain's.

I found this particularly interesting because in my current
writing, I had to create a "bad guy".  At first, I found it
strange to get my thinking to match his twisted mind set, but
over time I began to enjoy making him make mischief.  He is the
symbol of chaos which is a catalyst for the other character's
growth.

I set up natal charts for all my major characters and that
experience made me wonder how the Great Author keeps track of it
all.  He must have help.  His storyline is so complicated.