Re: Tarot

Apr 02, 1995 05:27 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> Alan: <Part 2a of my ~Keys to Kabbalah~ uploaded to
> theos-buds.  Part two deals mostly with the Tarot.>

> Thank you for Part 2.  Your use of the Tarot is especially
> interesting to me.

> Jerry S.

In Part Two, I use the cards in a manner which I suspect Waite
may have done.  In Part Three the Tarot starts at Path Eleven
[same as GD].  There are at least three ways of using the Tarot
trumps that I use.

Part Two Tarot needs the diagram to follow it properly, and I
will see what size if comes out as a GIF file.  If sensible, I
will upload it as a binary using UU or MIME or whatever this
software does with it! [to theos-buds].

My own suspicion about the Tarot as we have it is that it was
deliberately conceived as a vehicle to contain the Kabalist
symbolism during a historical time when such studies could result
in getting fried.

"Hi, is that the Inquisition?"

"Yeah, Inquisition here."

"Could you send me a coupla Kabalists with Fries?"

"Sure thing!"

Sorry about that - probably wrong period, but if we can't have a
laugh at our oh-so-serious studies, then we're probably doing it
wrong.  :-)

Alan