Re Kabbalah Part 2

Apr 02, 1995 12:00 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Some brief comments on Kabbalah part 2

<particular Sephiroth represent definite levels of
awareness, in the same way that the Sephiroth represent
definite principles.  The paths which connect them represent
the activity of that awareness in its development.>

Good definitions.  The same can probably be said for the
Globes of HPB's GV Model.

<Any method, however, that is based on the Tree of Life will
show a progression in reverse order of the "lightning
flash,">

This seems to be in agreement with the GD.

<They go, in fact, as far as the "Daath" of Yetzirah, which
then becomes the "Yesod" or Foundation of the world of Briah,
Creation, or Paradise.>

This seems to agree with my own statements about Daath
representing a Ring-Pass-Not, the highest realm (state)
possible for the human mind.

<Dion Fortune ... The Mystical Qabalah >

An old, but excellent text on Tree symbolisms.

< We shall see in Part Three that whenever a "Daath" position
is reached, it becomes, to developing awareness, the "Yesod"
or Foundation of the level above, and there is another Tree
to climb!>

I really like this idea.

< any ideas we might get that we are in any way some sort of
"magicians" with "special powers" belong to the comic books
and science fiction or fantasy movies, not real life.>

I agree that "special powers" are not granted to us out of
hand but the process or act of visiting these realms (or
deliberately shifting consciousness to the alterted states
associated with the Sephiroth) is itself magical.  It can be
done in imagination (our so-called magical imagination via
scrying using various objects such as Tarot cards, for
example) or in fact via astral travel.

When we travel (or however we want to describe the process)
through the Tree, we often encounter things as well as what
seem to be living entities.  If nothing else, we generally
learn new things.  By the time we arrive at Daath, which is
Knowledge, we must surely have learned a thing or two about
this universe of ours.  Can this knowledge not be used to do
things of a magical nature?  Is it not possible that in these
realms or states, we can learn how to become more sensitive
to others (i.e., see or feel auras) and get glimpses of the
illusive nature of time and space (see past and future
events, maybe even our own past lives, and so on)?  In short,
while we may not become Adepts from pathworking, we sometimes
can gain those foundation materials from which Adepts are
made, and further our own spiritual development in some small
measure through that.

Just a thought.

        Jerry S.