RE: Original Programme

Mar 30, 1995 05:31 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

To Liesel:

"Should Rules" should be abolished.

>From the Teaching:

"Do what is necessary."

GULP.  That's real _hard_ to decide.  I have to try to understand
what it means for a start.  Do I need to do anything anyway? Why
do I want to do it? Am I judging someone? Am I entitled to if
they judge me? The other side if this is "don't do what is not
necessary." This may be a teeny bit easier, but not much.  No
wonder people flee to the Himalayas, go into monasteries,
convents, hermitages, etc.

Some things are simple, but all, IMO, depend upon an "if".  I
cannot understand why we should want to kill to eat.  Is it
necessary? Not so far as I can tell, although I have only been a
vegetarian for about five years so far, and it doesn't stop
animal slaughter.  The "if" part is whether I find killing
animals for food acceptable.  I don't, so I don't eat them.
Others do, so they do eat them.

How much real choice do I have anyway?

Right now the Uranus-Neptune conjunction is working its way
through my first house (which is intercepted by the whole of
Aquarius).  I am 62 in April.  This thing will be with me for
quite a while - especially the Neptune!

Watch this [psychic] space!

Alan.