Re to PJ

Mar 29, 1995 03:59 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Paul J: <This is a very tall order indeed.  Judgment of
people and actions is going on inside us all the time.  What
would it be to transcend this?  How can we start to
comprehend the real nature of a theosophist?>

Thanks for the quotes Paul.  This is exactly what I have been
trying to say about ethics for some time.  A strong sense of
morals and ethics will naturally (at this stage in human
evolution) urge us to judge others accordingly.  This is the
chief danger with ethics.  History shows that using ethics to
judge others leads to wars between countries and factions as
well as all sorts of inhumanities  (actually, we don't need
a history book - just watch the evening news on tv).  As
theosophists, we need to be ethical while remaining
non-judgemental - a tall, but very necessary, order.

        Jerry S.