Re: Bailey & Theosophy

Mar 29, 1995 01:30 PM
by Nicholas Weeks

NW>> Very far out indeed. She & CW Leadbeater were psychics who were
>> convinced that the entities they contacted on the inner planes were
>> the same Adepts that taught Blavatsky. I, representing a minority
>> on this list, am equally convinced that AAB & CWL were deluded.

St.  Kot> Sorry I didn't understand that.  What do you want to
say with the >expession "deluded"?

NW> That CWL & AAB were deluded, that is, mistaken, or befuddled,
in thinking that the entities they contacted were the Adepts that
taught HPB.  They were not in contact with the same beings.  The
nature of their sources I do not know, but the teachings of CWL
or AAB's "Tibetan" are often fundamentally contrary to those of
real Theosophy.

NW> "The Elder Brother" by Gregory Tillett...

SK> May I have some more information about this book?

NW> Published in 1982 by Routledge.  Don't know if it is still in
print.  Jerry H-E is a bookseller and may have a copy.

NW>> Leadbeater, whose teachings were the inspiration for
Bailey's own.  >> She (or rather the "Tibetan") denys this.
Tillett touches on her a >> little.

SK> Really I cannot see how Leadbeater inspirated an enormous and
>momentous work, as Alice Bailey's books are.

NW> The "inspiration" was not the quanity, but the quality.
Virtually all the major concepts, terms and vision from AAB's
"Tibetan" are identical with CWL's.  She provided more detail,
that is about all.