Re: Bailey & Theosophy

Mar 29, 1995 01:17 PM
by jrcecon

>BTW-- Nicholas, you may not be in the minority on these
>issues.  But then-- we're all (not just theos-l, but all
>humanity) deluded to some extent.  So the question in any given
>case isn't WHETHER but HOW and HOW MUCH, perhaps.  Of course
>there may be some gems even in the midst of delusion.

Though the obviously tautological aspects of this suggestion
might be somewhat hilarious, Alice Bailey's "Glamour: A World
Problem" may be one of the better studies of delusion, both
individual and collective, that I've ever read.  [Using a Bailey
book to discuss whether or not Bailey is deluded probably would
not be accepted as legitimate to anyone that already had an
opinion however].

Oh, and by the way, I remember hearing somewhere, sometime, from
someone, that Lucis Trust was simply named after Alice's daughter
Lucy.  I have no idea, however, whether this is correct.

-JRC