Re: Stand Fast Bazzer

Mar 26, 1995 02:36 AM
by Bazzer

> Even if the "general feeling" were negative, pay it little mind.
> To speak out, to discuss, to argue can be helpful to those many
> silent ones on this or any list.  Those of us who make the most
> noise are not to be feared or propitiated.  Relax.  Life, whether
> off or on line, has pain and pleasure in a mix.  To crave the
> sweet and abhor the bitter is normal.  But it is our great
> failing, as Buddha and many others have pointed out.  Try not to
> lust too much for comfort, nor to push away the unpleasant.

Thank you, Nicholas, for your most pertinent thoughts.  You are
100% correct.  The offer to withdraw from the group was realy one
of respect to current members who might have had an historical
agenda that a newcommer had little or no right to unsettle.  It
appears, however, judging from your's and other's comments that
this is not necessarily the case:-) One hopes, therefore, to
stick with it:-)

> The moral is: change yourself, not your environment; it is the
> only practical, long term solution.

"The Universe is guided from within without" (SD) may, I guess,
reflect this.  Thank you for the reminder.  It's certainly one to
reflect on.

Kindest regards.