Re: Paths

Mar 25, 1995 03:56 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> TO ALAN: I am struck by reviewing kabalah that the paths between
> the sephiroth capture my imagination as they point not to the
> existence and qualities of the archetypes but to the
> RELATIONSHIPS between and paths upward or downward and the
> multiple interactions possible between them.  The aspects in
> astrology also point to the importance of realtionships

I have often offered the personal view that astrology is the
origin of all our esoteric systems.  It can certainly be argued
of Kabbalah.  As to the "paths" between sephiroth, on the major
scale there aren't any, as I try to show in my "Keys to Kabbalah"
[Part Three].  I produced, last November a short paper linking
the Speher Yetzirah text with that of the 32 Paths of Wisdom
text, and both with the cathedral and abbey churches begun around
the 12th century - plus the Temple at Luxor circa 1600 bce.  It
is not practical to upload this anywhere, as Hebrew text is used
in places, and there are many diagrams.  E-mail me if you are
interested.  These items are not free BTW :-).

Re the Luxor connection, see Acts 7:22 - "And Moses was trained
in all the wisdom of the Egyptians." Pretty explicit, huh?

> TO ALL: No one's ideas are ever really changed by argument about
> things that are abstract and out of reach.  All this talk about
> the Master reminds me of the great debate about how many angels
> could sit on the head of pin? I would rather be an angel (big,
> big grin).

How big is the pin?

Old joke: "My wife/husband is an angel."
          "You're lucky, mine's still living."

> Everybody is really namaste-ing each other these days,

Whatever turns you on!

Shalom!

Alan