Re: Comments on the flaming of Paul's book

Mar 24, 1995 01:28 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

According to Bazzer:

> claimed that she did *not* write them.  One would hope that
> anyone who believes HPB was/is a fraud and a liar does not go by
> the title of "theosophist".

Think this one over.  Would HPB endorse such an exclusivist
attitude? Didn't she ALWAYS insist that one could disbelieve in
her and the Masters and still be a Theosophist? I can think of no
instance where she was less than hyperemphatic about this.  It
would be a shame if her and Olcott's devotion to making the
movement a home for seekers of all varieties should be undermined
by attitudes like that expressed above.

He drew a circle that shut me out--
Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
But love and I had the wit to win
We drew a circle that took him in.

Edwin Markham

This strikes me as a harmonic overtone of our motto and
objectives.