Re: Lightning-struck Solar Plexus

Mar 21, 1995 10:13 PM
by Aki Korhonen

Hello Paul.

I think you are on the right track on your methods.  Just wanted
to comment that Christ gives an advice in His mountain preach,
that we should not resist evil.  This 4th of 5 advice, has been
very poorly accepted and understood when I have spoken about it
with Christian people, laymen and theosophists.

Finnish, late theosophist, Pekka Ervasti, used to emphasize a lot
of Christ's 5 ethical advice and he also gave other arguments,
why not to resist evil in its any form.  One argument was, that
it will only get more powerful when opressed, like a string that
gets more tension when pressed.

I found in your methods something similiar to above, and also to
oriental martial arts, namely Morihei Ueshiba's Aikido, and
Chinese Taiji, where it is essential not to confront the force of
the opponent directly.  If you do so then it is a matter who is
stronger, and in that case the stronger one wins.  But
Aikido/taiji way is to not take the force directly, but to go
along it, not to resist it, and when going to same direction,
then change the direction of the mutual flow of force.  Of course
there are other methods, like just stepping aside and letting the
attacking force pass by.  But also here, on the physical level,
it is not very wise to confornt evil ( physical attack ) by
resisting it....

   Peace.
   aki korhonen.
   Oulu, Finland.