Re:Masters?

Mar 15, 1995 05:57 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> In Richard Hodgson's Report, Mohini testifies that he saw the
> Master Koot Hoomi on the roof of the headquarters building at
> Adyar.  Hodgson was told by Emma Coulomb that she (at HPB's
> suggestion) dressed up as the Master and duped Mohini.

Amazing.  Sounds just like something that's been on several
modern soap operas, several gazillion times.

It has been fascinating to read all the comments on the Masters,
concerning the letters and the book by PJ.  After reading them
all, I still come to one conclusion.  Unless anyone is actually
hanging out with the guys, it will be impossible to actually
speak fully about them.  And even then, it might be difficult to
know them entirely.  Sometimes it seems we're gazing at the
remains of an ancient document and trying to see into the past.
Methinks we need a time machine here.  (Where is that tardis when
you need it?)

Although the letters and writings of HPB are all we have at this
time, I have begun to wonder if that view may be dated.  The
Masters/Mahatmas may have progressed in consciousness and might
have even changed bodies.  Maybe some have even left for parts
unknown to do other work.

My own humble opinion of the Masters has been this for a long
time: if you see one, he's got work for you.

And my humble opinion is very humble in this learned group.
Having only been in TS for 4 years, I consider myself a "toddler
theosophist".  Part of the joy of reading your messages is the
learning.  yours most humbly,

-ann bermingham