History to Theos-Roots

Mar 14, 1995 07:34 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Daniel <I would suggest that Theos-l might be a place
< where a serious, indepth discussion and dialogue on
< the subject of "Do the Theosophical Masters
< Exist?" could occur.
<
< I realize that not everyone subscribing to Theos-l
< is interested in Theosophical history.  To such
< individuals all this discussion is possibly
< boring or simply irrelevant.  But to others the
< issues raised directly or indirectly by Paul'b book
< are of vital interest and these issues are
< worthy of serious thought, discussion and study.
< Maybe Theos-roots would be a better forum for this
< discussion.

John set up Theos-Roots exactly for such discussions.  Because I,
for one, don't care to hear all of this personal bickering and
badgering, and find history boring, I have quit Theos-Roots.  So
please, gentlemen, please, keep this stuff on Theos-Roots where
it belongs and lets let Theos-l remain the arena for theosophical
discussions.  As Alan said, most the stuff you guys like to argue
about is a dead horse (as is the whole CWL controversy, which
despite all of the hours and messages and flames on this net not
one person has yet to change their original point of view, nor
did I once think that such would be the case from the outset).

"Do the theosophical masters exist" would bore me to tears after
the first day.  Its rather like arguing if ESP is real or not
(which some folks still haven't figured out yet.  So let em
argue, but I would rather not have to listen).  Just send your
comments to Theos-Roots instead of Theos-l, and I for one will be
extremely grateful.  Those interested are probably already on
that net anyway.  Thank you,

             Jerry S.