mahatma letters; Beachcroft

Mar 11, 1995 00:06 AM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

John Mead,

JM> I was wondering is someone in London could visit the
museum there, take pictures of the letter,s and then fax those to
theos-l as original source documents??

Photographing British Museum documents is strictly prohibited,
and trying it is a good way to get thrown out.  However, color
transparencies of the letters are available through the Mahatma
Letter Trust.  They cost about $5000.00 per set if I correctly
recall.  I have photocopies of all of the published and
unpublished mahatma letters and will be glad serve as a resource
to check and answer any questions concerning them.  Regarding the
faxing of them to theos-l--my guess is that we would be in
violation of the Mahatma Letters Trust rules.  But if they are
willing to go for it--I'll do that too.

On another matter, does anyone have any information on the
possible connection of the short story writer Thomas Beachcroft
might have with theosophy?

Jerry Hejka-Ekins
JHE@KOKO.CSUSTAN.EDU