Quantum Foam

Mar 08, 1995 12:07 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Liesel <I was listening to a section of a talk by Emily Sellon,
(who was a member of the New York Lodge, & a fantastic
lecturer/thinker) in which she says that she thinks particles
disappearing & reappearing is part of the laws of reincarnation.
A particle, she thinks, has a short life span, so it dies
(disappears) and reappears (is reborn) incessantly in a matter of
seconds.>

I agree with Ms Sellon on this.  I am including a short piece
that I did recently on the quantum foam which may be of interest.
I have deleted references and figures to keep it in ASCII:

Quantum Foam--A Creative Matrix.

Nuclear particles are known to enfold and unfold in endless
processes within their quantum fields.  Elementary particles have
self-referential iterations (repetitions) which create and/or
destroy themselves from a vacuum state.  According to modern
quantum mechanics, there is no such thing as a vacuum.  What was
once considered a vacuum is now known to be seething with the
creation and destruction of virtual particles.

Virtual particles cannot be detected directly, but scientists
know them from their effects.  They are born and they die so fast
that they cannot be detected.  In essence, they represent a
quantum foam where chaos and order struggle together ceaselessly,
the one coming out of the other, over and over, forever.
Experimentalist, Willis Lamb, was actually able to measure the
vacuum polarization in the vacuum between the electron and
nucleus of the hydrogen atom.  He measured a small change in the
orbit of the electron due to the inherent background charge in
what was previously thought to be empty space.  His observations
compared favorably to those calculated theoretically by using the
equations of quantum electrodynamics.

Modern science has discovered that chaos and cosmos exist
together even at the quantum level.  The quantum foam of science
is comparable to the chaos of alchemy.  Translating an alchemical
work, Jung describes chaos as an "assortment of crude disordered
matter ....  [which nevertheless contains the] divine seeds of
life".  This chaos-order relationship is also embedded in the
Chinese symbol of yin-yang.

          Jerry S.

ps.  In short, there is no such thing as a vaccum, and there is
an energy field everywhere throughout our space-time continuum.
This includes within our physical bodies.  If we can make the
assumption that consciousness can influence this energy field and
bring about the manifestation or change from energy to matter, or
vice versa, within the quantum foam of our own body, then I think
we are on to a real scientific understanding of how yoga,
biofeedback, and other such techniques actually work.