references to Book of Dyzan

Feb 17, 1995 10:16 AM
by John Mead

I received this request,  and thought I'd forward it on to theos-l.
It seems interesting.

> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 21:32:30 -0600 (CST)
> From: ROLAND FRANKLYN <HARMSDM@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu>
> Subject: Theosophy

Dear Mr. Mead,

       As part of an ongoing research project, I am studying the
connections between the stories of horror writer H. P. Lovecraft
and various bodies of occult belief.  The Book of Dzyan is
mentioned in some of his stories, and I have reason to believe
that this volume may be part of a myth-cycle of which it was a
part long before Blavatsky mentioned it in her Secret Doctrine.
I was wondering if you knew anything about this, or could
direct me to someone who would.

Daniel