Fwd: Forwarded: Massacre in C...

Feb 16, 1995 10:13 PM
by LieselFD

Thought you'd like to know. My local librarian passed this on to me,

Liesel

> From: Goodwin@univscvm.csd.scarolina.edu (Chuck Goodwin)
> Subject: Massacre in Chiapas

We've just recevied an emergency call from friends in Mexico.
They tell us that the Mexican army has surrounded the city of San
Cristobal in Chiapas, and that the hospital in the nearby city of
Comitan is flooded with casualities.  The press is being excluded
from the area.  The people being attacked are the Myan Indians,
and other poor farmers, who've been denied land and food since
the conquest.  They've asked that we try to get word about this
out via email.  While we have no further information beyond this
one call I ask you to pass this message on, or tell anyone you
think relevant via any means so that this does not occur in
silence.

Chuck Goodwin
Anthropology
University of South Carolina
Colubmia SC 29208 (803) 356-6006 (803) 777-0259 (fax)