Re: Alexandria West (additional note)

Feb 01, 1995 06:26 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

I agree entirely that opening of archives is a desirable goal and
hope that this is agreed upon by all.  Perhaps the most
disappointing moment of my theosophical life was being denied
access to HSO's diaries at Adyar with a flagrantly deceptive
explanation.  But in the case of Wheaton, I think the
restrictions are temporary, due to security concerns and limited
staff resources.  Researchers ARE allowed access with the
requirement that a staff member be present while they are in the
archives.

This is hearsay, but I recall years back that it was reported
that Joy Mills had proposed a mutual sharing of archival
resources re: the Judge case, but was turned down.

Best wishes for your Alexandria project!