Re: Jerry S. on Experience

Jan 30, 1995 05:12 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Nicholas:

I don't want to repeat your serious and considered posting on
this, but I do want to *endorse* it.

Seems to me we need all we can get - teaching, experience,
advice, whatever.  Following a teaching blindly is not enough;
relying on the invariably subjective interpretation of [however
objective] experience is not enough; following advice on its own
is not enough.

Maybe, out of your final paragraph, we should post a notice on
the list:

STRUTTING FORBIDDEN

(this is a jest - strut if you want to, it's a free net - well
almost).

guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk