Re: Maeterlinck, Coburn

Jan 06, 1995 09:19 AM
by Olcott Library

I do not know whether Maeterlinck was a member of any
theosophical society or not, but it is generally assumed that he
had "theosophical leanings." Give me a little time and I may find
out some facts.

In Maeterlinck's book _Our Eternity_ (New York : Dodd, Maed,
1914) there is a chapter entitled "The theosophical hypothesis"
(p.  71-78), in which he cites Annie Besant.  [BTW, the book is
NOT available for loan from the Olcott Library.]

Elisabeth Trumpler
Head Librarian
Olcott Library & Research Center
Theosophical Society in America