John's ground rules

Jan 02, 1995 05:22 AM
by LieselFD

I'd like to respond to those of you who're voicing your
displeasure with altercations on the internet.  I'm with you.  I
think it doesn't belong on Theos-l, & I don't think it made
anyone feel any better.  I would like to quote part of what John
Mead sent me when I first joined, & suggest that if this had been
obeyed, there wouldn't have been an altercation.

"Please be tolerant, and respect the opinions and religious views
of all the list members."

I would add to that, "and especially when you're talking about
subject matter you know to be controversial."