Mondrian

Oct 25, 1994 11:35 AM
by WILLAM ALLEN

I'm not sure which of the theosophy lists I should be posting
this question to--since I've seen posts only from theos-l, I'm
sending it here.

For years I've been telling my art history students that the
Dutch painter Mondrian was a Theosophist and attempting to
explain aspects of his work in terms of what I knew about
Theosophy.  I'm sure that what I've told them is pretty
superficial.  Does anybody know of a work or works that deal with
theosophy and Mondrian or, more generally, Theosophy and modern
art generally?

Thanks.
William Allen
wallen@aztec.astate.edu