responding to smirking muckrakers

Sep 27, 1994 03:58 PM
by Jessica L. Coker

Tues 9/27  from Nancy

To Paul J.

I've long been very interested in your ideas and historical
sleuthing.

Did we ever tell you about the game Questions that we found
in the play, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead?  We used
to play it all the time, and taught it to our daughter.  It
has helped me immensley.  The rules are 1) no statements, 2) no
guttural utterances (you can change this one if you like) and
3) no non sequitors.

Next nosey, hostile questioner that gets in your face -- play
quetions with them.  Why do you ask that? you volley.  Then they
will tell you more than you want to know.  Whatever gave you such
an odd notion, you parry.  What happened to free and fearless
investigation? you counter.  Etc. Etc.

Being in the public notice makes you a thing, not a real person,
I assume, so people can abstract you and write about or to you
as if you weren't real.  Did you reply to Jaqua, Robb etal?

I guess now you know our real secrets -- we are all more sinners
than saints.  Seems like there is a principle of wholeness
that suggests that the more we try to act like saints, the more
we may really be sinning.  Is that why the Middle Way is so
valuable?

Take care\  Nancy