As a Younger Man

Aug 15, 1994 10:15 PM
by RIhle

As a younger man, I used to suffer greatly because it always seemed
that even my best insights were being unfairly bettered in the minds of
my audiences by even the worst insights of theosophists whose distant
deaths had raised them up to new and holier levels of appreciation.
The current discussion about Leadbeater etc., however, has taken me a
long way toward seeing my error: I am now starting to realize that it
has probably been I, and not the dead and famous, who has been enjoying
the competitive advantage all along .  .  .  since, after all, none can
hide sins so well as the still-living and still-inconsiderable.  .  .

Warm regards,

Richard Ihle