Old Business

Jun 20, 1994 10:00 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Hello Everyone--

Thanks to instructions from Brenda I was able to read the last three
weeks' worth of postings, which haven't made it to my mailbox.  Thanks
to Lewis and Jerry H-E for commenting on Cyril Scott.  BTW I don't
leave out Besant, Leadbeater, Purucker, etc., but rather put them all
in the intro as people whose claims to initiatory contact with the
Masters are worth mentioning, but don't lend themselves to historical
investigation in the way that the initiations of Damodar, David-Neel,
Gurdjieff etc.  do.

Scott I think can be left out with no harm to the book.  His relations
with K.H.  don't seem to have done him much good.  The funniest passage
in Bone of Contention claims that one of the main activities of the
Dark Brotherhood was inspiring music critics to say mean and unfair
things about poor pitiful composers who were the instruments of the
Great White Brotherhood.

As a public librarian, here's my equivalent: one of the main activities
of the Brothers of the Shadow is inspiring people not to return their
library books.  Each of you could come up with your own personal goofy
equivalent.

Hoping to be back with you soon.