Absence

Jun 17, 1994 02:50 PM
by Arvind Kumar

Hi John,

This is to acknowledge the receipt of your test message.

I have been meaning to write for a while (I still owe a response to
Jerry H-E's last message on AAB/HPB) but things at work have really
left me with no time to do anything else.  The team for which I am
responsible at work has been given additional responsibilities (and
orders to double in size by hiring more people asap).

Also, I got wrapped up with the preparation for our trip to India (my
daughter left a week ago, I am leaving on July 6 and will be back on
July 29).

Last but not the least, I have been rather greatly preoccupied with
reading one of the books that Elisabeth (the Olcott Librarian) sent me
by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.  It is called "I AM THAT" and it is the
best book that I have read on practical spirituality so far! Many parts
of the HPB/Bailey books are not easy to decipher but this particular
book is very simply written yet contains some of the most profound
statements that I have ever seen in print! And the utter simplicity and
earnestness of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj makes me burst into almost
uncontrolled laughter and crying.  It is just superb.

I'll hope to post at least one more message before I leave for India.
Anyone with any questions/comments, esp.  about Sri Nisargadatta
Maharaj, please feel free to send them to me.

Best Wishes/Arvind