Re: Disseminating theosophy

May 24, 1994 12:07 PM
by Aki Korhonen

Great idea Andrew...

I liked particularly the internet idea.  But right now we are utilizing
one side of this net.  I suggest that we could spread information of
this discussion/study group to theosophist around globe,
systematically.  E.  g.  sending a info-letter ( normal-paper-letter)
to all national theosophical headquarters.  I think it would be very
nice if we could have atleast one theosophist at each country.  They
could act as a kind of local correspondents.  But this should be
addressed directly to national headquartes or maybe to the world
headquarters, and by normal media.

I'm not sure but I have a slight impression, that you, american
members, see this study-group in little bit different way.  I mean,
please don't be too shy to spread the word.  This is a great thing, and
will be even greater in the near future!

I'm sorry if you have discussed this topic before, I have come in quite
recently.  So here is my belated self-introduction, I'm a architecture
student at the university of Oulu in Finland.  Oulu is a 100000
inhabitant town at the middle of Finland.  My interests beside
theosophy are chinese health systems, qi gong, taiji, Aikido,
Hanggliding..  I live with my girlfriend and a bullmastif-female.

In general I have a very critical opinion about the whole idea of the
consept and practice of the worldwide information services etc.

 I have been c.  four years, that I intentionally have't followed any
 media and news(no tv,radio, newspapers), and so far I have't met any
 difficulties.  If you have some opinions about media I would like to
 have some discussion here.

Peace to all creatures,

   Aki