Re: belated replies again

May 23, 1994 09:14 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Thanks for all your thought on these matters, which was
apparently going on in the back of your mind during all those
papers.  As for Cleather, what I'm finding most remarkable
about her is that she didn't even really begin to have a life
of adventure until her 70s, and then went non-stop for twenty
more years.  Yes, everyone rejects her because she rejects
everyone (Theosophically speaking).  But perhaps for that
reason she seems an excellent note on which to end my book
since in this domain we have so much in common.

I was fascinated by the Cokers' description of the Coulterville
event and even checked into plane fares-- but they're
outrageous, so it doesn't seem feasible to come to the next
one.  Will be going to the annual meeting in Wheaton, however,
books in hand.  The issue of loyalty vs. truth will probably
determine whether people want to sit with me at lunch or not!