Re: No Dreamworld

May 16, 1994 08:37 AM
by John Mead

> to consider this more alike many people watching the same movie on
> TV than many people traveling to the same distant land. Depending
> upon which thought current someone is in touch with, one will find
> the appropriate "place" to visit. But these are not places, but
> collective hallucinations.

>      In dream experiences, we have people interacting with
> collective thoughtforms. No one is coming into existence on another
> objective plane. The experiences are self-created. A good example
> involves a former theosophical writer. He wrote extensively of his
> out of the body experiences. A friend of this writer died, someone
> that the writer claimed to work with on the inner planes regularly.
> The writer could not tell, out of his body, that his friend had
> died, and subsequently wrote him a letter, thinking him still
> alive. This is because, I think, he never really met his friend
> while in the dream state, but interacted with his own dream image
> of the friend.

>      My assumption might be countered. Someone may say that there
> is certain knowledge shared between people that they could not have
> possibly known while awake, that had to happen when they met while
> asleep. But I'd reply that those fragments of knowledge exchanged
> were instances of thought transference, and not due to meeting
> others in person in a dreamworld.

I asked a similar question in the OOBE CO, which don could not answer
due to the limitations of the format.  It is a fact that that this
happens, but does it mean that it is ALWAYS unreal? (perhaps you could
move this discussion to theos-buds and we can get Don involved!)

>      There is a karmic responsibility to others for whatever that
> we teach them, whether it is high philosophy or occult science. It
> is important to go with caution when we are uncertain about what we
> are doing. But we must also act when it is time, and do what we

> Part of theosophical work--as I've learned it--is to
> speak out against the teaching of the occult arts, to speak out
> against psychical development. The acceptance and approval of
> seeking powers are not universal in theosophical circles. Each
> person should decide for himself, but should make an informed
> decision.

this bothers me too.....  Blavatsky requested an oath be taken
before instruction to assure that the teachings would NOT be used
destructively (I could find this in Key to Theos.  if needed).
apparantly to shift the Karma ONTO the student where it belongs.

Peace --

John Mead