Re: Conference in Finland

May 12, 1994 12:24 PM
by Aki Korhonen

Hello Dear Lewis, and all friends out there...

Thank you, for your comments!

You asked about our work in Finland...

   The main public work is to deliver lectures.  In Oulu(100 000
   inhabitant town at the centre of Finland) we have a one public
   lecture per month.  The other side is studying Theosophy.  We have
   c.  twice a month a reading circle, where we study for example some
   book.  Two times per month we gather together to discuss some
   topics.  At Oulu we also quite recently got our own TS-library, wich
   has since been a meeting place, and a room for informal
   conversations.

   At Helsinki, our capital, there is a lot more Theosophical
   activities, something for almost everyday, there is e.g.  a public
   lecture every Sunday.

   We have an own national theosophical education center in southern
   Finland, there is naturally kept different kinds of seminars,
   confrences and also just refreshment.

   Theosophical organization has also published and translated a lot of
   Theosophical literature in finnish.

   If I answer your question literally; Then I must say that the work
   and working goes very bad in general, since we have very bad
   economic period of depression and unemployment.

> Would you be interested in news about
> activities in Atlanta, GA site of the 96 Summer Olympics?

   Sure, finnish people are sport-crazy!

       Peace to all Creatures,

          Aki