comment on book excerpts

May 09, 1994 04:00 PM
by Eldon B. Tucker

This is by Brenda.

What really scares me about Narayan's book is his absorption in the
world of mythology. Let's look at it this way. He was born fourth
sub-race, lived with first sub-race Hindus, formed workable concepts
along the lines of the third sub-race Greeks, thereby gaining
considerable respect for the fifth sub-race European (German)
philosophers (not apparent in excerpts but evident in his book) and
with a 1st, 3rd, and 5th background praises the American (6th sub-race)
ideals. Is this possible in one lifetime?

What must happen to arouse his interest in the 7th sub-race? In one
of AAB's diagrams she depicts the 1st, 2nd, and 7th rays at the
center with the remaining four rays in a circumferential
relationship. I thought this was rather related to what I had
learned in THE SECRET DOCTRINE because when reading of the onset of
the fifth root race, I understood that these were the three earliest
sub-races to exist.  A cradle of the seventh (Chaldean), perhaps an
offshoot of the 4th race 7th sub-race, and the Egyptian (2nd sub-race)
alongside the Hindus in India (1st sub-race).

One thing I will always equate with the 7th sub-race (if it even
exists today in some minor form as Judaism) is monotheism. The
existence of other gods is contrary to the furtherance of its aims.
One God is not a fanciful result, it is a premise. Why can't someone
wake Narayan up? Is he too far gone? The gods that interacted with
mankind during the third root race may only be fellow solar beings
as the human race develops to its fullest potential. Gods of
yesteryear didn't transform. We did.

Mythology reminds me of how in Biblical history worshippers of one
god would do battle with worshippers of another god. While mythology
was investigated as a matter worthy of study by many Europeans, so
was war, aggression, conquering an acceptable practice within their
few thousand-year period of written history. I'd be more than happy
to ignore mythology if it meant an end to war, but I really don't
believe that such a strong influence within the 5th Root Race could
ever be revised or denied. Is it possible for gods themselves to
evolve enough so that any interaction they have with us would be
more peaceful? Or is evolution only on the human side of the
question? Has man evolved enough to make human-god interaction
peaceful? (I'm just reminiscing of the Greek and Roman myths I know
and trying to relate these fictional accounts of life to what might
have existed - in reality - during the third root race.)

You say that great initiates are provable or disprovable by looking
at the concrete examples of their lives or the record of their
lives. Is this associated with some form of knowledge being given to
the? Would Jesus qualify? Is it provable that messages received from
Mohammed (verses in THE KORAN) are from the same ONE GOD known by
Jesus? Is it because of people with little faith, who could only be
persuaded to accept one teaching, not both, that a separatist
consciousness between Christians and Muslims arose in the first
place? Was this the type of occurrence that first allowed mythology
to exist: one person's consciousness-raising experience is
contradicted by another's?

As much as I like Narayan and appreciate his level of consciousness
as he has written it down in the book, shouldn't someone insist that
mythology be kept in its place and not ever elevated again to a
position of superiority within the human life? Do I (or we) really
have to reach back this far in our history (even as far as the 3rd
root race) to encourage the threads of early human life to continue
to the present time and to allow them to grow stronger until they
become of major importance? By becoming temporarily 3rd root race in
our imagining, do we better project ourselves in line with the
objects of the 5th root race? Or, like H.P.B. has declared in regard
to actual information regarding the 1st and 2nd root races, should
the 3rd root race, too, be lost to mankind, just to allow us to go
forward?

As I didn't find any comments on Narayan's book, I had to present my
own, rather than let his work stand without question. Thanks for
listening.

On a different note:

I liked Don's paper about all the teachings being present in the
Hindu writings. It's all on paper but not actualized! A great plan
which needs working out! And then into incarnation came the souls
who needed experience in order that life's laws could become their
very being, their very existence.