Synthesis

May 01, 1994 02:45 AM
by daratman

SYNTHESIS
This is from Daniel Hampson

When I'm preparing overheads for a curriculum, I peruse the copy,
highlighting key points that I think should be visualized.  Using my
computer, I delete the unmarked sections and link the points,
eliminating extraneous conjunctions and dangling participles.  I would
never want to quote anyone using this technique, but it often
crystallizes an underlying theme in a work or provides unusual
juxtapositions that suggest interesting visual possibilities.  The
other evening I did that with several postings in this forum to help me
visualize "The Theosophy Game".  This is what I got....  (I'll put my
comments in other postings)

 A spiral staircase, the musical allusions between lives, Leadbeater's
 idea of the 3 laws of human life, the 7 levels of astral matter, those
 lessons being derived by the player instead of being beaten into the
 teachings.  What criteria to teach the unity of all things,
 reincarnation and karma? From: MOYER1@applelink.apple.com (Moyer,
 Christopher,CLA)

 Perhaps it should be a related suite of games, group(s) of organize
 semi-secret assets used to fight the manipulation of the Media to
 ensure the survival of the "Cause" From: John Mead <jem@char.vnet.net>

 With the advent of computer books, libraries, aerobic clubs, mental
 fitness centers where members of the population are socializing, MIND
 TRAINING CENTERS - Software (education and fun).  From: eldon@netcom
 .com (Eldon B.  Tucker)(BRENDA)

in the 20th Century: What have we achieved ? wherever thought tends to
be free, theosophy has influenced and been influenced by paradigm
shifts; the formation and structure of Halcyon's Temple of the People;
Where Do We Go From Here? Understand and disseminate the concepts of
unity and diversity; reaching youth by speaking in their language; the
cornerstone of future religions, a new institute for theosophical
education 1) What does the theosophical movement need to do in the 21st
century to be of service to the world; and 2) what steps...  inner
needs first, then expanding to outer concerns:

       1.  Clarify the teachings: Have clear and sound knowledge
       2.  Practice theosophy as a way of self-transformation
       3.  Balance mind and heart:  Cultivate the heart aspect
       4.  Participate in theosophical activities with creative energy
       5.  Make theosophy inclsive of other spiritual traditions
       6.  Adapt  to contemporary world and language: Explore
       7.  Educate:  Develop programs and methods to disseminate
       8. Involve Youth:  Revitalize the theosophical movement
       9.  Network:  Increase interaction and association

  10. Reach Out:  Encourage broader outreach of activities

  1. Clarify an understanding of the basic principles.
  2. Apply principles to self-transformation.
  3. Share principles with others.

       In other words, "learn it, then just do it!"

       1. What are the essential teachings of theosophy
       2. How do we adapt old language and ideas to modern world?
       3. How should theosophy present itself to the world now?
       4. Where's the party?  does theosophy need to be so serious

          From: johnshafer@aol.com

 the part that leads to the door to the Mysteries. Ths is a path
 The second part is the keynote ideas and ethics
 We must work basic ideas of philosophy into our media,
 The way the stories go, and how they end, reveal the bias
 that could lead to accepting evil in one's life.
 From: eldon@netcom.com (Eldon B. Tucker)