Theosophy Game

Apr 22, 1994 11:44 AM
by OSMAR DE CARVALHO

This is to Christopher Moyer:

>  I need some help with a project I'm working on and I don't have the
>  requisite scholarship  to make it the best it can be in any kind of
>  reasonable timeframe.
>  If you're game, here's the deal:

>  You begin your first incarnation with no clue, no skills, and you get
>  wasted.Time and time again you get new life, you become more skilled,
>  more highly evolved in the world that comprises the environs of the
>  game.  I think many people respond to them because they reflect the
>  true reality, even if it's only
>  a subconscious appreciation.

     This is an amazing idea!!

     Obviously in the next years we will have all the theosophical
     literature on CD-ROM, but a GAME on Theosophy would be such an
     innovation unthinkable to theosophists at large.

>  obvious.  Any ideas for something more subtle?  How about a goal.
>  Every good quest or adventure needs a good goal.  James Bond always
>  gets to save the world.  A lot of people like to watch James Bond
>  movies.  There's always a lot at stake.  If you believe Nostradamus,
>  there's a lot at stake these days.  Want
>  to save the world?

     I belive a good path to achieve a reasonable theosophy game would
     be the ADVENTURE format.

     The "goal" could be such as "NIRVANA", "SUPREME UNION", etc.

     The screenplay could show, at the beginning, a simple mortal
     fighting for survival.  Each part of the game will show a period
     of the evolution of a man towards illumination, passing trough its
     strange moments and transformations.  A frame to be adopted could
     be the scheme of the CWL's MASTERS AND THE PATH (yes, I like CWL!).

     At the end of each stage the ADVENTURE (as one incarnation) it
     could show the progress of that soul in the improvement of its
     causal aura, and here can be used all the powerful capacity of
     image storage and computer graphics.  The music would be very
     important too, and a good suggestion will be the NEW AGE style.

     The history may go through the many different possibilities we have
     in our lifes towards that spiritual or secular life, the balance
     between the physical and spiritual conditions.  Another choice
     will be a kind of SPIRITUAL SIMCITY, with all the management of
     the construction and union of personality, soul and spirit.

> I'd love to hear your thoughts out there...

     Go ahead with your idea, Chris.  You have my humble support,
     and I am open to share other probable concepts for spiritual
     software.

     Osmar  *8)

.  Unhappiness is a part of the ego.  Beyond it no such thing exists.