Sacred Sites/Books etc.

Apr 21, 1994 09:43 AM
by Arvind Kumar

Paul,

Thanks for the pointers on spots to visit in Texas.  I certainly
hope to visit these places as and when we get a chance.

I have been following your occasional postings on other
bulletin boards as well.  Have you come to any conclusions
regarding Radhasoamis and related groups?

What are your views on CWL's teachings? Do you agree with
Jerry H-E that EVERYTHING that CWL wrote is to be considered
as having arisen out of CWL's imagination, with no truth in it?

I am getting around to the conclusion that it may be best for
me (or any beginner theosophist for that matter) to start with
a thorough 'grounding' in HPB's writings and then go from
there to other writings.  Do you share that view?  What books
have influenced you the most?

I recently finished viewing the tape by John Anthony West on
'the Mystery of the Sphinx' and reading his 'Serpent in the
Sky' and found them fascinating, to say the least.  I was
surprised though at the omission of any references to HPB's
statements regarding Sphinx although a rather extensive
list of references/ bibliography is included in the book.

Namaste,
Arvind